The first 50 years - A detailed history charting the Pittsburgh Foundation's progress and development during its first 50 years
The following summarizes the Foundation's leadership since it was formed in 1945
1945: The Pittsburgh Foundation was founded on a concept by Aims Conley, Sr.
1945 - 1969: Stanton Belfour guides The Foundation
1953: With The Foundation's support, Pittsburgh becomes home to the nation's first educational television station, WQED
1960: The Pittsburgh Foundation reaches 79 funds worth more than $10 million
1970: Rev. Dr. Alfred W. (Burr) Wishart appointed director, ushering in new era of growth and ideas.
1975: Assets grown to $25 million
1993: The Pittsburgh Foundation moves from its shared space with The Heinz Endowments to its own offices at One PPG Place
2001: Burr Wishart retires and Dr. William E. Trueheart is named President and CEO
2007: Dr. William Trueheart retires
2008: Grant Oliphant named President and CEO